bxslider

Wednesday, October 15, 1997

In the morning, Stephanie visited Michael and they discussed IVs, flow rates, side effects of long-term immobilization, and all those other things that 5 and 7 (soon to be 8) year olds routinely talk about. All the nurses and Child Life support people just have to see us to council us that moving permanently into the Hospital is not a good option!

By 11:00AM Michael and I were back home in Trenton. He was pretty sore all day, but able to get up and slowly move about.

I kept a close watch on Michael’s hand to make sure that the swelling in his arm didn’t restrict the blood flow to his hand. Unfortunately, it seemed to be slowly getting worse all day and by midnight I decided to bring him into Trenton Emergency to have a second opinion. They decided to “split” the cast and hold it together with elastic wrapping.