bxslider

Tuesday, October 7, 1997

Met Linda and Stephanie at Kingston this morning – they took off from Ottawa at 7:00 AM and I took off from Trenton at 7:30 AM. Stephanie’s spinal tap went OK. As per normal, she has to rest for an hour with the foot of the bed raised (ie, head lower than her feet). She thinks that neat – especially since its normally lunch time when this happens and she ends up getting to eat while upside down.

Before taking off for Trenton, we stopped off at a local photographer. Stephanie is having her picture taken for some fundraising fliers that the clinic will be sending out. She had some pretty good smiles – it should turn out pretty good – I’ll try to post them once I get a copy.

Should have suspected the worse when Stephanie mentionned that she felt a little bit sick at the photographer. Although she didn’t throw up there, as soon as we got into the car, it started. Twelve times by the time we got to Trenton (a one hour trip).

Got home at about 4:00 PM and she finally stopped throwing up about an hour later. She fell asleep on the couch around 5:30 PM – so did I, but the jab in the ribs from Linda made it difficult to stay asleep. Stephanie woke up a little bit at 7:30 PM when I brought her upstairs to her bed. Her stomach felt better and she was thirsty and still tired but still smiling. I read her a story and tucked her in for the night.